The Nutrition and Diet department at CostaSpine is offered for a whole range of reasons and objectives. These can include; personalized diets for healthy people who want to improve or change their diet; maintenance diets for people with an appropriate weight; muscle mass gain; weight loss; veganism or vegetarianism; overweight and obesity.
Our resident nutritionist, Monica is also qualified to explore your personal CLINICAL NUTRITION which can include;
- Digestive pathology: acidity, reflux, diarrhea, constipation, gas.
- Allergies and food intolerances: celiac disease, lactose.
- Malnutrition: deficiency syndromes-anemia, malnutrition.
- Endocrine-metabolic pathology: hyper / hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes.
- Cardiovascular pathology: hypertension, dyslipidemia.
- Also she is a professional of SPORT NUTRITION aimed at professionals and amateurs. Proper nutrition will improve the technique and performance of the athlete, helping him to achieve his goals.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Personal interview and data collection: Clinical History, Dietetic History and Food Diary.
- Review of recent analytics.
- Body Composition study.
- Delivery and explanation of the Nutritional Plan. Includes a daily food guide, a weekly menu and nutritional recommendations.
- Statement of personalized treatment objectives.
- Advice on supplementation.
- Nutritional Education.
THIRD VISIT: REVIEW (recommended every 2 weeks)
- Evolution monitored by means of a questionnaire and a Body Composition study.
- Resolution of doubts.
- Possible changes of the Nutritional Plan.
- Nutritional Education and delivery of new supplementary material.
Meet Monica Rodriguez